Please see the attached biography’s for the upcoming Marching Band Board Election:
Please check back to this post for additional bio’s
Lynelle Duncan – Vice President Nominee
LDuncan 2017-2018 VP Board Nominee Biography
Jeannie Kries – Treasurer Nominee
Our first candidate running for Treasurer is Jeannie Kries (son – Dylan, a freshman at Legend HS).
• I have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Loma Linda University (in California)
• I’m a CPA (licensed in California; moved to Colorado in Oct. 2015)
• I am currently working for a small CPA firm located in Greenwood Village (as well as still providing tax consulting services for the San Diego company I’ve worked at for over 14 years)
• I’ve served as Treasurer for my son’s middle school in San Diego – 1 yr term (before we moved to Colorado).
• I’ve served as the Assistant Treasurer at our church (San Diego Central SDA Church, formerly known as San Diego Korean SDA Church) – approx. 3.5 yrs.
• I am passionate about the band program, Mr. Otis & staff’s dedication, and truly appreciate all the hard work and support the Boosters provide.
Dave Mowery – Treasurer Nominee
Katherine “Kat” Anderson – Secretary Nominee
“My name is Kathrine “Kat” Anderson and I’m interested in the position of Secretary for the 2017 season.
I am married to Tate Anderson who you see volunteer tearing with the Pit Crew on a regular basis the past two years. We have 4 children. My oldest daughter, Kara, is 20 and is living in Parker. My son, Ryan, is a Junior this year at Legend and plays trumpet. He participates in marching band, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, pit for the musical, and pep band. My next daughter, Savannah, is currently a 7th grader at Parker Performing Arts and will be joining the marching band with her brother playing trumpet. Her main instrument is her violin and she also dances and loves music theatre. My youngest daughter, Téa, is currently a 5th grader at Parker Performing Arts. She plays the flute and loves ballet and jazz dancing.
My background is mostly as a musician. I play violin with the Arapahoe Philharmonic and can also play piano and clarinet. For three years I was the Secretary for the Orchestra Advisory Committee for the Arapahoe Philharmonic. I have also been the chairman of the Hospitality Committee and my daughters school. Lastly, I am the current Secretary for the Legend Band Programs for the 2016 season.
I love being a part of the Legend High School band programs and have thoroughly enjoyed volunteering my time in various aspects of the program, watching these amazing kids perform as well as grow as musicians and people. It’s a pleasure getting to know the parents and kids in the group and seeing how well people come together for the common good of the band.
Thank you for your consideration!”