Summer Band Camp 2016: It’s a fun time when we receive a special visit from the Parker Fire Department during band camp! Go Titans!!!
Our current fundraiser can be found out at: https://app.snap-raise.com/fundraisers/4680?share_type=email&donation_invite_id=3562157! Our recurring expenses include: ~ hiring music professionals to help students excel in playing their instruments; ~ transportation costs for the students and equipment; ~ fees for competitions, music, drill writing. That’s what our regular fundraising seeks to cover. Our goal with this special effort is to help fund other immediate priorities, such as ten additional uniforms, two mellophones, two marching baritones and two tubas. We hope you can help! Every student counts, every instrument counts, and every dollar counts.
There is still time to donate and we appreciate it if you would pass this link onto a friend or family member to help support the Legend Titan Band!
Hello Legend Band Families,
First and foremost, I would like to say Thank you! to Suzy Davidson, Board Members, all the Students and Parents who helped and attended yesterday’s Garage Sale and Car Wash Fundraiser at Legend’s which made it successful! Looking forward to seeing you to upcoming fundraisers.
Coming up tomorrow Monday, July 18th, is the start of 2nd week of Full Band Camp.
Parents! as you all know Band camp in July is H-O-T! So, we work hard to help keep the students hydrated by preparing water and Gatorade for two breaks called by Mr. Otis each day. There are no specific set times within each shift for breaks, so water volunteers need to be flexible, patient and able to be stay for their full Shift.
We need more Gatorade and cups therefore donation will be greatly appreciated and, if you haven’t helped before, another experienced volunteer will be there to walk you through how it’s done. Just let us know in the comments that you are a newbie :).
New feature, recently a cold water-steam station was nicely build by one of our Band dad (thank you Gerald Barton) which make the students’ water break more fun and refreshing in those hot summer days. Water break volunteered parents will be asked to turn on/off the water-steam station during each break or as directed by Mr. Otis (water valve located on the patio is to be turned 1/4 of a turn).
This is an important, yet fun, way to support the kids as they work super hard. We hope you can help! Please click here to register!
The Annual Band/Parent Demo Night and potluck dinner is coming up this Thursday, July 21st at 5:45 pm at Legend.
All Parents are welcome and encouraged to join us and break out those favorite recipes to share with the entire Legend Band family. Families are asked to bring a side dish or desert based on last name. Items should feed 8-12 people. Food/dish’s tables will be set in the commons. Please plan to arrive at the school at 5:30pm.
Last names beginning with:
A – M – Side Dish
N – Z – Desert
We are looking for one more Grill Master who isn’t shine to show us your prowess with grilling burgers and hot-dogs. please click here to sign up!
Coming up this Friday, July 22nd at 7:30pm is the “End of Band camp Pool Party” for all Band students.
On Monday, I will use Remind101, ’16 Marching Band Students** class to send out a message to all Band students containing a link to a signup sheet to register.
The Booster will be feeding pizza and water bottle to the Band students at the pool.
**If your child wasn’t able to do so, please have your child Enroll to Remind101 to receive important reminders and messages from Mr.Otis, Dan Fish (Band Booster Vice President) or myself (in this instance) by simply sending the text message @16mbstu to 81010 (’16 Marching Band Students).
Also, coming up this Friday, July 22nd is BINGO Night!
Parents! while your kid(s) are at their Pool Party! please come and enjoy a night of Bingo games and fun in the Legend commons. All ages can play, but you must be 18 to purchase game cards. Get a chance to win free Chicken Shack meals and cash prizes! Concessions will be sold. Proceeds benefit the Legend band program.
At last but not least, we will be hosting our 3rd Car Wash Fundraiser event at Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply this Saturday, July 23rd from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
To make this an other successful and fun fundraiser, we need a lot of help from Band students and adults. Please take a minute to talk with your kid(s) and use our SignUpGenius form to register for this fundraising event. Click here to register!
Here are the band events for the week of July 18th:
- Monday, July 18th – Friday, July 22nd (last week camp) –Full Band Camp, 8:00am – 4:30pm @ Legend High School.
- All Band members should arrive by 7:45am. Attendance at Full Band camp is a requirement for membership in the Legend Marching Band. Students should bring a lunch/music/CG-Perc equipment/water bottles/dot books/sunscreen/hats/ GREAT Titan Attitude and wear appropriate clothing for the summer weather!
- Tuesday, July 19th – Band Dad at Hickory House BBQ,10335 S Parker Rd, Parker,@7:00pm. Come on out and join me to socialize with the Band Dads for a fun night out! All Band Dads are welcome.
- Thursday, July 21st – The Annual Band/Parent Demo Night and potluck dinner@ 5:45pm in the Legend’s auditorium
- Please join us in the Auditorium no later than 5:45pmto hear some latest Booster updates but most importantly to watch a short Band Performance scheduled at 6:05pm in the auditorium too. More detail of the evening festivities will also be communicate at that time.
- Friday, July 22nd – Bingo Fundraiser, 7:00pm – 9:00pm in the Legend High School Commons
- Friday , July 22nd –End of Band camp Pool Party, 7:30pm – 9:30pm at Idyllwilde Pool. 22040 E Idyllwilde Dr, Parker
- Saturday, July 23rd –Car Wash Fundraiser, 9:00am – 3:00pm at Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply
Thank you all so much for your amazing support of the Legend Band Programs! Join us on Facebook!
Gilbert “Bear” Gamard
Legend Band Booster – President
Legend High School Band Boosters
PO Box 3393
Parker, CO 80134
Once a Titan Band Booster Parent – Always a Band Booster Parent!
A very special shout out to Mr. Sam Brown, Alumni Parent 2009 – 2013 who donated water to the 2016/2017 Band this week and we can’t thank him enough for his generous donation! Every donation helps and having water for our hard working band is appreciated! Thank you Mr. Brown!
A Crafter’s Holiday Fair
Sat., Nov 12th, 2016
9am – 4pm
Legend High School
Join Us For Our 8th Annual Art & Craft Fair
– Free Admission
– Featuring over 100+ Vendors
– Hand crafted creations, jewelry, mixed media, home décor, fashion accessories, knitwear and more.
Come get a jump-start on your holiday shopping!
For information please visit www.legendartcraftfair.com